I was troubleshooting configmgr 2012 R2 client,the other day ,I found below error from ccmsetup.log
MSI: Setup was unable to compile the file AppSynclet_Local.mof The error code is 80041002
Error code 80041002 says ,Not found.Source: Windows Management (WMI)
I tried compiling the AppSynclet_Local.mof (C:\windows\ccm) file, it throw error saying,syntax errors in line 22. This pushed me to cop MOF file from working PC if that make any difference but it did not work.
if you look into the mof file,it is trying to operate on \\Root\\CCM\ namespace ,which do not exist on the problem client.
I suspected this is WMI issue but repairing the wmi did not fix the problem. (Repairing wmi and installing the client did not solve the issue)
Finally ,I decided to play with SMSCFG.INI and SCCM certificates if they found on the PC . steps that I listed below worked for this problem.
- ccmsetup.exe /uninstall
- repair wmi using script available here
- RD /s /q "C:\Windows\ccmsetup"
- RD /s /q "C:\Windows\CCM"
- RD /s /q "C:\Windows\system32\CCM"
- DEL /q "C:\windows\smscfg.ini
- REG DELETE HKLM\software\Microsoft\ccm /f
- REG DELETE HKLM\software\Microsoft\CCMSETUP /f
- REG DELETE HKLM\software\Microsoft\SMS\
- REG DELETE HKLM\software\Microsoft\Systemcertificates\SMS\Certificates /f
- ccmsetup.exe SMSSITECODE=PS1 SMSMP=SGCM01.Corp.eskonr.com (replace your command line properties)
Hope it helps!