Microsoft released the technical preview for Configuration Manager, version 1910. These technical preview introduces new functionality that Microsoft is working on and It introduces new features that aren't yet included in the current branch .
You can Install this version to update and add new features to your technical preview site but not available as baseline for new installation.
If you want to install Technical preview in lab ,then you need to download baseline version technical preview 1907 and then do console update. Download baseline versions from the TechNet Evaluation Center.
Technical preview version 1910 has the following features/improvements:
- Deploy Microsoft Edge, version 77 and later
- Include custom configuration baselines as part of compliance policy assessment
- Improvements to application groups
- Reclaim SEDO lock
- Attach files to feedback
- Client diagnostic actions
- Office 365 ProPlus pilot and health dashboard
- Improvements to console search
- New variable for Windows 10 in-place upgrade
- Improvements to Windows Virtual Desktop support
With this preview version,there is new device actions for Client Diagnostics in the console. This release includes the following actions:
- Enable verbose logging: Change the global log level for the CCM component to verbose, and enable debug logging.
- Disable verbose logging: Change the global log level to default, and disable debug logging.
Update the target client to the latest version.
Your Configuration Manager administrative user needs the Notify resource permission. For more information, see Client notification
To enable /disable the verbose logging ,Launch SCCM console ,right click on the device and choose client diagnostic and choose enable or disable.
you will be prompted to continue
On the client, you will find log called diagnostics.log to track the status
Open the log to see the status:
Verify in registry:
You can disable verbose logging and monitor the log.
This is great feature added to see additional information about client communication and troubleshooting issues.
Happy exploring Technical preview .