Microsoft released SCCM Configmgr Upgrade Assessment Tool that provides administrative users with information that they can use to determine if the computers that are managed by System Center Configuration Manager can run Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10.
The Upgrade Assessment Tool provides the following functionality:
- Retrieves device driver compatibility information for installed peripheral devices and creates reports that you can use to determine which device drivers need to be upgraded to support the Windows operating system.
- Allows you to see which computers meet the recommended system requirements for Windows operating systems and to customize these requirements for your environments.
- Creates summary reports that you can use to see an enterprise wide view of operating system upgrade readiness.
- Allows you to create dynamic collections for an operating system deployment. The collection query rules can be based on system requirements, application compatibility status, and device driver status.
Before you install this tool,you must have the following applications/software's to be in place .
- The site server must be running one of the following configmgr Versions:
Configmgr 2012 SP2 with CU 3
Configmgr 2012 R2 SP1 with CU3
Configmgr (current branch) Version 1602 or Higher
- Configuration Manager clients can run one of the following:
Configmgr 2012 SP1 or higher
Configmgr 2012 R2 or higher
Configmgr (current branch) version 1511 or higher
- You must have a reporting services point to view the compatibility information from clients.
- You must have one or more distribution points to deploy the ACT inventory collection package to clients.
- Clients must run hardware inventory.
- Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) 6.1
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2.
More information and download this tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=37145