Microsoft released Update 1610 for SCCM Configmgr current branch (CB) that is available as an in-console update for previously installed sites that run version 1511, 1602, or 1606 which includes some great new features and product enhancements.
This update (1610) includes lots of new features and enhancements in Windows 10 and Office 365 management, application management, end user experience, client management and also includes new functionality for customers using Configuration Manager in hybrid mode with Microsoft Intune.
changes and new capabilities introduced in version 1610 of Configuration Manager current branch are:
- In-console monitoring of update installation status
- Exclude clients from automatic upgrade
- Improvements for boundary groups
- Peer Cache for content distribution to clients
- Migrate multiple shared distribution points at the same time
- Cloud management gateway for managing Internet-based clients
- Improvements to the Windows 10 Edition Upgrade Policy
- Manage hardware identifiers
- Enhancements to Windows Store for Business integration with Configuration Manager
- Policy sync for Intune-enrolled devices
- Use compliance settings to configure Windows Defender settings
- General improvements to Software Center
- Customizable Branding for Software Center Dialogs
- Enforcement grace period for required application and software update deployments
- Improved functionality for required software dialogs
- Software updates dashboard
- Improvements to the application request process
- Filter by content size in automatic deployment rules
- Office 365 Client Management dashboard
- Task sequence steps to manage BIOS to UEFI conversion
- New compliance settings for configuration items
- Improvements to the Prepare ConfigMgr Client for Capture task sequence step
For more information ,Whats new in Configmgr Current branch 1610 on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/plan-design/changes/whats-new-in-version-1610
How to get this update available in your Configmgr Current branch ?
As the update is rolled out globally in the coming weeks, it will be automatically downloaded and you will be notified when it is ready to install from the “Updates and Servicing” node in your Configuration Manager console. If you can’t wait to try these new features, this PowerShell script can be used to ensure that you are in the first wave of customers getting the update. By running this script on your central administration site or standalone primary site, you will see the update available in your console right away.
Launch the console ,administration node—>updates and servicing—>Click check for updates.
Account that you use to run this ,make sure the security scope is set to All ,for more information ,read http://eskonr.com/2016/04/why-dont-i-see-sccm-configmgr-1602-updates-in-my-console/
If you are not able to see the updates ,run the powershell script.
Download the script and launch powershell cmd using administrator ,run it using the syntax:
EnableFastUpdateRing1610.ps1 <SiteServer_Name | SiteServer_IP> where SiteServer refers to the CAS or standalone primary site server
Monitor dmpdownloader.log to know the status of update downloading.
If the update installation is suspended at “Downloading” state for extended period of time, restart the SMS_EXECUTIVE (smsexec) service on the standalone primary or central administration site server (CAS).
After a while you will see updates in the console.
Once the download is ready ,state will be changed to available and ready for installation.
Right click on the update and choose Install Update Pack ,choose next next next depends on the options you need.
For installation status ,monitor CMUpdate.log .
1610 update has following version for: