Lot of interesting news are coming out from Microsoft Ignite 2015 and from social networking Sites(mainly from Twitter).I have been actively monitoring the tags with #msignite and #Configmgr .Some of the interesting facts about Configuration manager products are:
1. Microsoft has made configuration manager and Endpoint Protection Technical Preview (it will be next Configmgr Version 2016) available for testing http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-system-center-configuration-manager-and-endpoint-protection-technical-preview ,for technical preview documentation refer https://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn965439.aspx
2. Service Pack will be released next week for Configuration Manager 2012 and 2012 R2.
3.Support for Windows 10 (No OSD support) using Configuration manager 2007
4.New service pack (Configmgr 2012) supports up to 600K devices and primary/standalone to 150K which is awesome .No more CAS until you have bigger client supports more than 150K Devices.
5.In-place upgrade available from Configmgr 2012 to Configuration manager technical preview (Configmgr Vnext ).
what is more interesting (capabilities) in Configuration Manager Vnext (SCCM 2016) Technical preview?
- It comes with 60 days validity and becomes inactive after that.
- It support only English Language
- Only standalone Primary site can be installed ,no CAS, Primary and secondary sites
- Support only SQL server 2012 R2 and SQL server 2014. There is no requirement or restriction for the cumulative update version of SQL
- Support max of 10 clients from Widows 7 to Windows 10 (you cannot have more than 10 client to test using Technical preview)
- There is no support for upgrade to this preview build.
- There is no support for upgrade to a later build from this preview build.
- Only the following install flags (switches) are supported:
- There is no support for migration to or from this preview build.
- Windows 10 in-place upgrade
- Mobile Application Management
- Data protection for mobile devices
- Preferred management points
- On-premises mobile device management (MDM)
- Support for Microsoft Azure virtual machines
- Client deployment status in console monitoring
Download Configuration manager Technical preview,install and have fun with your lab.
Direct download link (SC_Configmgr_SCEP_SCTP.exe) without registration for Configuration manager technical preview is here