The Application Approval Workflow (AAW) extends your application approval process. End users can easily request applications on-demand directly through the Configuration Manager Application Catalog or via redirection from the Service Manager Self-Service Portal. Application requests requiring approval are routed to Service Manager where custom approver lists and activities can be configured based on user and application properties.
AAW uses System Center 2012 - Orchestrator between Configuration Manager and Service Manager to sync Configuration Manager applications, leverage Service Manager workflows, and post the approval status back to Configuration Manager. We created wizards in Service Manager to configure custom service request template-matching criteria. User and application properties received in the approval request from Configuration Manager are used to select a service request template containing an approver list and activities that best fit your business process.
- Sync Configuration Manager applications data into the Service Manager database.
- Monitor and transport Configuration Manager Application Catalog requests requiring approval to Service Manager and open a service request.
- Return the completed approval workflow status to Configuration Manager for handling.
- Allow administrators to define and maintain application selection criteria for specific applications or application groups and specific users or user groups.
- Track service application requests and view application catalog contents in Service Manager.
Send questions or feedback about AAW to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download it Via http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29687
Here are some CM12 Referral Links:
Fundamentals of Configuration Manager – http://technet.micro…y/gg682106.aspx
Supported Configurations for Configuration Manager – http://technet.micro…y/gg682077.aspx
Planning for Configuration Manager Sites and Hierarchy – http://technet.micro…y/gg682075.aspx
Getting Started with Configuration Manager 2012 – http://technet.micro…y/gg682144.aspx
What’s New in Configuration Manager – http://technet.micro…y/gg699359.aspx
Planning for Site Systems in Configuration Manager – http://technet.micro…y/gg712282.aspx
Install Sites and Create a Hierarchy for Configuration Manager – http://technet.micro…y/gg712320.aspx
Technical Reference for Site Communications in Configuration Manager – http://technet.micro…y/gg712990.aspx
Migrating from Configuration Manager 2007 to Configuration Manager 2012 – http://technet.micro…y/gg682006.aspx
Frequently Asked Questions for Configuration Manager – http://technet.micro…y/gg682088.aspx